Frequently Answered Questions
Q - Is it difficult to park?
In El Cerrito, there is a parking lot in the back of the building on Carlson. Entrance is on San Pablo, where there is ample street parking.
San Leandro has plentiful free street parking.
In Emeryville, parking is a little difficult during business hours and easy on nights and weekends. There is free parking in the public lot in the Glashaus building at Hollis & Ocean.
At the Temescal location, there is almost always street parking within a couple of blocks, but allow a few extra minutes to find a spot. On our side of the street, the spaces on Telegraph do no have meters.
Q - What should I wear to yoga?
Wear comfortable clothing that you can stretch in.
Q - What should I bring?
Yourself and a mat if you have one. Mats are available to use at no cost. There are lockers and cubbies at all studios, but please be mindful of your valuables. The East Bay has been hit by criminals who specifically target fitness studio cubbies.
Q - Are there showers?
In San Leandro, there are showers. In Emeryville, Temescal, and El Cerrito, there are no showers.
Q - Do I need to arrive early to class?
Yes, please arrive at least five minutes early if you have been to the studio before and already have a class pack. If you are new or need to make a purchase, please arrive at least ten minutes early.
Q - Is there any yoga studio etiquette I should be aware of?
Yes, please! Thank you for asking!
- Please do not enter the studio with your shoes on.
- Please arrive to class a few minutes early. If you do arrive late, wait outside of the studio or in the reception area until the opening meditation and chant is complete.
- Please avoid the use of scented body products.
- Please sign into class before putting your mat down. Purchasing class packages online before you arrive is very helpful to our staff.
- Please stagger your mat with your neighbor, especially when the studio is filling up.
- Please put borrowed props back neatly and mindfully so that the next student has a pleasant experience when they go to get a prop.
- Please say please and thank you and be kind to our staff, who are mostly volunteers.
Q - I hear you have a bike-to-yoga program. Please tell me more!
Yes, if you bike to yoga (or walk more than 3 blocks) 10 times, your 11th class is free. Ask for a stamp card at reception.